Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Introduction

Hello, my name is Brianna Pacheco. My major is BFA-Art-Illustration. I’m currently a junior. I’m the proud owner of two dogs, an almost 13-year-old Yorkshire Terrier and a 1-year-old Maltese and Yorkshire Terrier mix. Although I love them very much they still drive me crazy with their constant fighting and begging for attention. I am very into anime and manga. However, I don’t watch as much anime as I used to when I was in middle school. I do keep up with reading manga and tend to read the manga series of anime that I’m incredibly interested in. 

The social issues I’m interested in are LGBTQ+ rights, pollution, reproductive rights, wage inequality, and gun violence. I think each of these social issues is equally important. However, I most relate to the issue regarding LGBTQ+ rights as I am in the community. Fortunately, I have never experienced any form of discrimination or hate for my gender/sexuality, but I know others who aren’t as lucky.

The artist that I chose is Shepard Fairey. His work that inspired me is his series “We the People” which is meant to represent "American values and identity."



This is the digital selfie I tried to create inspired by "We the People." It did not turn out how I wanted it to as I did not have the necessary tools.





No comments:

Post a Comment