Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Self Intro

 



Hello everyone!

My name is Naomi Hazelwood. I am a music business major, and I'm aspiring to work in the music industry. The piece of art that I chose to post is a self portrait of Malcolm X. This serves as activist art because it pays tribute to an actual activist. Malcolm X was a great leader and was a big contribution to the African American community, during the Civil Rights  movement. He was a Muslim minister and used his voice in the black community and islam within the black community. This painting inspires me because I hope to be somewhat honored like this; having someone being inspired to create a beautiful portrait of yourself, not because of physical appearance, but because of the attributions leaders like Malcolm X gave to society. I would like to make huge attributions as a black women, to the music industry, and eventually help other African American artists, whose voices would like to be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment