Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Introduction Post



 Hello everyone! My name is Simone and I am a senior musical theatre major. My family is made up of mostly women. I have an older sister who is six years older than me and she had a daughter who is three years old. I am passionate about musical theatre, as I have been performing since I was 8, however my main goal right now is to be on television and do some commercial work. I also have a passion for content creating and video editing. Finally, I am obsessed with coffee and my favorite drink is an Iced white mocha latte!

I believe that it is very important to be socially aware of what is going on in the world. Some social issues that am am passionate about are women rights, the Black Lives Matter movement and police brutality, gun control, and climate change. I resonate with these social issues because they impact me directly. I see these issues everyday and I want to do everything in my power to speak on these issues so that there can be change. The artist that I was inspired by was Elizabeth Catlett. She was a sculptor and printmaker who used her art to advocate for social change ion both the US and Mexico. The painting by Catlett that I chose to focus on is called Domestic Worker. I find the painting interesting because it shows a powerful hard-working woman. However, her expression is one of woe and exhaustion I think this is what it feels like to be a Black woman in America where you are expected to be strong and brave all the time, even if you do not feel like it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment