Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Intervention Idea

In 2021, I left for a year to study abroad in Istanbul, Turkey and had the best times of my life. Before this, I had never left the country, let alone been on a plane. My intervention is to raise awareness about earthquakes in Turkey and how to help when a natural disaster like this occurs. I've already shared donation links and am working with the school to raise funds to buy recourses for those affected (I can't give final details yet). 

In addition, I'd love to have a panel discussion about what it's like to travel as a minority who never traveled before and the challenges I faced. In doing this, I encourage others to travel and donate. 

We will also leave a table for others to fill out to apply for their passports. Most Americans don't have a passport and most people from inner city communities don't consider getting their passport because they might see traveling as unachievable. This is only the first step in getting your passport. Those applying will need to get their pictures taken and finish the process at the post office or their county clerk. 



No comments:

Post a Comment