Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Gabriel Diaz's Intro

  5 Things about me

- Im an aspiring fashion designer

- I am very passionate about anything art related.

- I love architecture and interior design

-I'm from the Dominican Republic

- I love fashion and can talk about it for hours if you dont stop me :)


5 social things I am passionate about

- Inner city violence

- I am extremely anti war 

- Pollution and the state of our earth

-Prison reform

-Poverty 


One of my favorite artists and someone who can be considered a social activist is Jean Michele Basquiat. He is someone who I can relate to on many levels and I have watched countless documentaries and interviews on Basquiat and I have also visited the exhibition that his family put together in NY. He was not afraid to speak his mind and being one of the only black artists on the art scene is something I admire very much. His art is very interesting to me because to an average person it may look like a child developed these paintings but he has a specific technique and style that many people copy and take inspiration from today. 


I took these pictures at the Basquiat Exhibition. It was amazing to see these pieces in person and learn about more about Basquiat.







No comments:

Post a Comment