Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Devanee Osorio's Intro & Selfie


Hey guys my name is Devanee Osorio! (Dev for short). I am a graphic design and arts major. Aside from graphic design, I love painting abstract art. I'm puerto rican and love being puerto rican. I love eating and listening to music. Im a libra and I love being outside. I love the aesthetics of futurism and etherealism. I would say that I am attracted to more unique things, not the usual or things that don't make sense, hence abstract art. I would say I'm like an introverted extrovert. I love being creative and I love creating it's what keeps me going truly.

The artist I was inspired by is Barabara Krueger. I'm pretty sure a lot of people have heard of her before. She is the Helvetica lady😂 I thought this would be perfect for me because how I actually got into design was through collaging, as she was noted for doing. She uses a lot of black and white and gets her message across through text within boxes. I have especially inspired by Barbra's untitled "Your Body is a Bodyground" piece for the Women's March in Washington. I was inspired by it to be the muse of my selfie because I believe women should have rights to their own bodies. We are constantly controlled and told by men what to do with our bodies when they have no idea what it's like to deal with society's standards. As well as how women's bodies work. I believe feminism is sort of losing its true meaning and being misinterpreted as time goes on but I still a lot of work needs to be done there. Barabara also talked about consumerism and politics which is stuff I also believe needs to be more spoken upon. People are losing sight of humanity due to this world of capitalism. Let's just all escape to the matrix.








No comments:

Post a Comment